Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One for the boys...

I was torn today about whether I should talk about menswear or metallics, two things that I would have a hard time successfully blending. As much as we want it to work, menswear and metallics just isn't something I want to venture into. So we're just going to talk about menswear. As always I will start with my color inspiration:


The scarf pictured above is available on Etsy by seller: Justfortheshellofit, for $25.00. I got a huge kick out of their seller name.

I think the key to a man dressing stylishly, (and I mean truly stylish and not just the bare minimum of being acceptable), is to layer. My little brother (now in his 20s) recently took an interest in a vintage shirt and made me so proud. This is the little boy who was in his superman briefs and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle t-shirt well into his teens. (I'm sure the TMNT shirt is now a sought after item). And bless his heart he actually reads my blog. This little ensemble is for him:




Shirt: Vintage Western: Etsy.com (Seller: UmberVintage) $24.00
Leather Jacket (Vintage): Etsy.com (Seller: VintageSuzyqclothing) $42.00
Cashmere Sweater: Lightinthebox.com $139.99
Scarf: Amazon.com $29.95
Belt: American Eagle ae.com on sale for $11.95
Jeans: American Eagle ae.com on sale for $29.95
Boots: Xelement (These are real motorcycle boots) Amazon.com $74.95

Some cool get-ups by Marc Jacobs: (Marc by Marc Jacobs Fall 2011):





No comments:

Post a Comment