Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Today is about purple and orange...and your budget!

First, I always want to start with today's color inspiration. I am always amazed at what we are able to find in nature. This flower is so beautiful on its own. Nature will always produce the most perfect color combinations.


Now I am thinking of those of us on a budget. It's funny because we look in the magazines and we see things that claim to be for those of us on a budget, and they produce a $400 outfit instead of $3000. Although I realize that putting together an outfit with all of the accessories is always an expensive venture, I did my best to budget this one as best I could. My hope is that some of the staples (white shorts) may already exist in your closet!




Pink Tank Top: JCrew $39.50
White Bermuda Shorts: Old Navy $26.94
Handpainted Scarf: Etsy $54 (Seller Tanja Design)
Hat: Gap $29.95
Hand Bag: Etsy $29.00 (Seller Marbled)
Orange Shoes: Timberland $75.00 (Zappos.com)

Here are some cool things on the runway now also venturing into purple and orange:


 Badgley Mischka wowing us with a glamorous purple dress!


Betsey Johnson Fall 2011 RTW.
Here are some cool home products that are a great add to today's entry:


The ginger jar is available through WShome.com for $125, and the rug is at CB2 for only $79.95.
And finally, this great print of a painting from Etsy. A steal for $10.(Seller LUUvre)

No comments:

Post a Comment