Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hitting the books...

I was lacking inspiration today so I decided to look through a book I've had for a while, "Vogue" a history of Vogue Magazine through illustrations and photos. My little brother gave it to me for Christmas a while back. He has given me a few fashion books which has been incredible. Fashion books are not something I normally spend money on, but I will always be grateful for eye candy. I decided to just share a couple of my favorite images today.

The first image is a photo shoot featuring Cindy Crawford in St. Tropez from 1991. Beautiful, classic, amazing fashion photography - at its best. Photographed by Helmut Newton, she is wearing a Giorgio d Sant'Angelo crystal studded bikini.

The next photo is very vintage...1969. It features Marisa Berenson in an Yves Saint Laurent minidress. This is back when she was one of the highest paid models in the world. She shot the cover of Vogue shortly after, in 1970. As amazing as this photo is, it was the dress that caught my eye. Everything from her jewelry to her boots would fit in perfectly in today's urban setting. This reminds me how much I LOVE Vintage!! PERFECT rockability.

I honestly would have shared more but my arms cannot hold up this book very long on my teenie scanner. Hope you enjoyed today's post.



No comments:

Post a Comment