Friday, August 26, 2011

Miss Monroe.

The other day I was eating at an old fashioned hamburger shop in San Francisco, and they had a poster of Marilyn Monroe on the wall. She was lifting weights. It was the first time I had seen this image, so I was surprised it was her. We see so many images of this fashion icon, but it is rare to see her lifting weights. As it turns out, Marilyn was quite the tomboy and always competed with boys when she was a child. I love to hear these stories about style icons who are more than they are made out to be. Here is the picture of Marilyn!

I came across another photo of her wearing this striped top. Marilyn was the perfect style icon.

I love her shirt. It inspired me to find this dress, a handmade item on Etsy!

You can buy it on Etsy from Silks Story for $69.99.

Here are a few runway shots also sporting the nautical stripe.

Antonia Marras, Fall 2011 RTW, simple and elegant.

Douglas Hannant Resort 2012 - Such a creative Stripe!!

An oldie but goodie, Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2009 Couture.

Ruffian Spring 2011 RTW - I love the way this stripe was used!

Sorry to be all over the place today, but I was given too many amazing things to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment