Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm back!

Sorry to everyone for the hiatus. I've been really busy with our estate liquidation business and watching baseball and haven't had time to post! Today is going to be a bit of a shortened version of the usual, but I'm pretty much in love with the ensemble I pulled together.

I'm going to be singing at the wine fest on Treasure Island (San Francisco) in early October. I want to have a fabulous 1940s dress for the occasion since I primarily sing music from that era. I was inspired by a favorite dress on Etsy to create this ensemble. I will be keeping my eye on it, although it might be a shade out of my budget. The shoes were a surprise to work beautifully with the dress, since it was a totally separate incident when I came across them. Ed Hardy can be thanked for those beauties. I love how it updates the dress. I love taking something incredibly vintage and making it modern and edgy. Check it out...


And of course what is the perfect dress without the perfect lipstick? I selected Viva Glam I by MAC, it is the perfect shade of red and it also helps support men, women, and children living with HIV & AIDS. For more information you can go to www.maccosmetics.com.

Lipstick: Viva Glam I by MAC $14.50
Red Pill Box Hat: Vintage Etsy (seller: BombshellPaperDolls) - $14.85
Cuff (with Shakespeare Quote): Etsy (seller: Uniqueartpendants) - $25.00
Vintage Dress: Etsy $215.00
Shoes: Ed Hardy (Zappos.com) - $69.00 (Free shipping!)

Thank you to all of my followers for checking in!! It means a lot. Happy hunting! (For fashion of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment